- Correct grammar, punctuation, usage, spelling, and other mechanics of style (for example, APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.),
- Edit in-text citations and reference lists (if applicable).
- Canadian, American, or British English, using the dictionary of your choice.
- Ensure consistency of mechanics and consistency of internal facts and details.
- Edit internal lists, tables, figures, and captions, as well as running heads (if applicable).
- Provide a style sheet of editorial decisions.
- Read formatted page proofs and edit for minor mechanical errors, such as typos, spelling errors, and deviations from the style sheet and style guide.
- Check for adherence to design.
- Check the accuracy of running heads, check page breaks, insert and check page numbers to table of contents and page references, and check and flag for location of art.
- Read proofs alone or against a copy-edited document or previous proof to make sure all changes requested in previous stages have been made accurately.
- Produce a list of subjects, concepts, names, places, or other elements of a work.
- Read and analyze a work in order to choose appropriate subjects, concepts, names, and so on to be included.
- Arrange these elements alphabetically into heading and subheadings with their locators (for example, page numbers).
- Polish and smooth language, clarify meaning, and eliminate jargon, as well as any other mechanics of style covered in copy editing (grammar, punctuation, usage, spelling, etc.), if requested.
- Edit for flow and consistency.
If you have any questions, would like to discuss a project, or would like to request a quote, please Contact Me. I look forward to hearing from you!